Make Life Easier next Winter with These Five Tips
Posted: April 27, 2018
A crazy winter like the one we just had can leave all kind of damage in its wake – from physical damage to your home and appliances to the mental strain of higher bills and heating uncertainty.
But with a little planning and preparation – and a little help from convenient services from Parker Gas – you can take a lot of that stress and unpredictability out of next winter. Here are five things you can do to make winter 2018-19 a little more manageable – no matter what Mother Nature throws our way here in North Carolina:
- Make sure we have your current contact information. Update your phone number and email address with us so we can stay in touch during severe weather. “Like” us on Facebook, too – that way, if phone lines are down we can still get important information out to you.
- Sign up for automatic deliveries. With FREE Automatic Delivery, we’ll know when you’re going to need fuel, so we can adjust our delivery routes to make sure you’re ready for any weather. You will save 10-cents per gallon off of your Will Call rate and you’ll get priority service during severe weather, too – which, as we saw in winter 2017-18, can be pretty important.
- Sign up for Easy Pay Budget Plan. Beginning in August, we spread your propane payments out over 11 months so your heating costs stay predictable. Easy Pay customers also receive a 3-cent per gallon discount. Plus, you can make automatic monthly payments from your bank account or credit card (contact us for details).
- Pre-buy your propane. This program lets you lock in a price for your estimated fuel usage for the entire heating season, starting in July. Three payment options are available for this plan – contact us to learn more.
- Maintain your equipment. Routine maintenance keeps heating equipment running at peak efficiency and prevents most of the problems that lead to unexpected breakdowns. If you need service for your propane equipment, call for service:
- Smithfield: (919) 300-4311
- Newton Grove: (910) 249-4088
- Fayetteville: (910) 359-3141
- Clinton: (910) 682-3151
- Wilmington: (910) 319-4070
- Mt. Olive: (919) 658-2455
- Upgrade aging propane appliances. Even if well maintained, older equipment can’t generally keep up with new high-efficiency propane appliances when it comes to performance for your dollar. You could save as much as 30 percent on your annual fuel costs with an upgrade to your furnace, boiler, or water heater – enough to offset the cost of a new heating unit in just a few years, especially when you consider incentives and manufacturers rebates.
Be ready for next winter – take advantage of convenient propane services from Parker Gas! Contact us today to learn more.