Three Reasons to Switch to Choose Propane-Powered Forklifts
Posted: May 29, 2018
Today’s fast-paced warehouses need to keep product moving quickly and efficiently at all times – and your forklift fleet is at the heart of that flurry of movement.
But not all forklifts are created equal.
To power unmatched forklift performance that will keep product moving all day, every day, nothing beats propane gas. Choose propane for your forklift fleet and you’ll get:
- Improved power – Propane forklifts run at 100 percent power at all times; the power of electric forklifts degrades as the battery drains. Overall propane offers longer running times between refuels than any other energy source. They typically handle heavier loads, too.
- A better bottom line – Because propane burns cleaner than gas, propane forklifts last longer (about twice as long on average) and cost less to maintain than their gas-powered counterparts. They also don’t require the costly, space-stealing charging stations and supplies that electric forklifts need.
- Better safety performance – Propane is safe to use both indoors and outdoors as long as safety protocols are followed, and propane forklifts include built in devices that automatically cut off propane flow in the event of an accident. Propane forklifts can also be used in wet conditions, unlike electric-powered forklifts.
- Better environmental performance – Propane emits about 20 percent fewer greenhouse gases than gas-fueled forklifts, and they don’t derive their power from coal-fired plants, as most electrical appliances do.
Save money and downtime with the Parker Gas Forklift Cylinder Exchange
Already have a propane forklift fleet in need of a convenient, safe, and cost-effective way to refuel? Enroll in the Parker Gas Forklift Cylinder Exchange Program.
Our CETP-certified staff and propane delivery teams will keep your forklift crews up, running, and productive, making downtime a thing of the past.
Compared to conventional refilling, our propane tank exchange program is:
- More productive – Traditional refilling can take 15 minutes or more every time for each tank. With our cylinder exchange, your workers will simply load a new tank and get back to work.
- Safer – With tank cylinders, filling is done at our facilities rather than yours – which means you won’t have to deal with safety risks or compliance issues.
- More economical – Our tanks are properly maintained so they won’t corrode on the inside – which means there will be no fuel injector-blocking rust to reduce your efficiency or cause equipment breakdowns.
Enroll in the Parker Gas Forklift Cylinder Exchange program to keep your operations up, running, and on the move. Contact us to get started today!