Five reasons to switch to a propane water heater
If you heat your home with a propane gas furnace but still heat your water with an electric water heater, you’re missing out on a big opportunity to improve performance in your North Carolina home.
Water heating accounts for about 18 percent of your monthly energy bill on average, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, but that number isn’t set in stone – and one of the best ways to shave some points off of it is to switch to a propane water heater.
Consider these propane water heater benefits:
- Savings – Propane provides more BTUs per dollar than electricity, but that’s not the only reason you’ll save money by switching to a propane water heater. Because propane burns clean, propane appliances last longer and require less maintenance; that means less money out-of-pocket for you in the medium and long-term. Overall, the typical total cost of ownership of a propane water heater is about 30 percent less than electric-powered and 25 percent less than oil-fired water heaters over the course of its lifetime.
- Efficiency savings – Propane water heaters can heat the same amount of water in half the time it takes for an electric water heater to do the job. This means you will get more hot water from a smaller sized tank, and you’ll wait less time for water to heat between uses.
- Fewer emissions – Propane is one of the cleanest burning fossil fuels in the world. It’s so clean, in fact, that it’s approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a clean alternative fuel. It’s also non-toxic, so accidental spills will not damage the environment.
- Convenience – Propane water heaters last longer (almost twice as long, on average) and require less maintenance than their electric-powered equivalent – which means fewer service calls to interrupt your hot water use.
- Value – A propane water heater – especially a tankless model – will improve your Home Energy Rating System (HERS) and LEED scores, which adds value to your home if you sell it.
As you can see, a propane water heater is a cost-effective workhorse that provides many advantages over an electric water heater – so make the switch today!
Want to save even more money? Install a high-efficiency propane water heater today and get up to $250 in rebates! Contact us today to learn more.