Propane for professional landscapers: Seven things you need to know
If you’re using gasoline to power your commercial mowers and landscaping equipment right now, you’re missing out on some big propane benefits.
Compared to other fuel alternatives for your professional landscaping equipment, propane is:
- More economical – Propane gas is generally cheaper per gallon than gasoline –sometimes much cheaper. It also isn’t taxed (unlike gasoline, which is). There are even incentives that could save you money when you invest in propane mowers and other equipment.
- Greener – Using clean-burning propane gas will shrink the carbon footprint of your business, helping you to improve air quality in your neighborhood and bid on jobs with more eco-conscious clients.
- Easier on your equipment – Clean-burning propane also leaves behind fewer deposits on engines – which means your landscaping equipment will suffer less wear and tear and last longer. With less need for maintenance, your commercial propane mowers will spend less time in the shop and more time making money for you.
- Proven – Professional landscapers across the country have used propane for decades to power commercial mowers equipment for their schools, golf courses, and much more.
- Flexible – Propane can be delivered to your site or distributed from an offsite fueling station…the choice is yours.
- Harder to spill or steal – Propane’s closed fuel system makes it much harder than gasoline to spill or steal.
- Better for the U.S. economy– More than 90 percent of propane is made domestically, with most of the remaining 10 percent coming from Canada. That means that every gallon of propane you buy will support our national fuel independence.
Thinking about switching your mower fleet to propane? We can help! Contact us today to learn about propane delivery and propane supply options for your North Carolina commercial landscaping business!