The benefits of grilling with propane
We’re just past the halfway point of Summer 2019 here in North Carolina, which means there’s still plenty of time for outdoor entertainment and BBQ get-togethers.
If you’ve been lugging around a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid all summer, why not step up your grilling game by switching to a propane BBQ or outdoor kitchen grill?
Here are five key advantages of a propane barbecue grill.
- Time-saving convenience – A charcoal barbecue could take 30 minutes or more to light properly – but a propane grill lights instantly, reaching the perfect cooking temperature quickly (see reason #2 below). With a propane grill, you’ll also say goodbye to ash cleanup – simply clean your grilling grates and you’re ready for the next round of outdoor cooking.
- Precision temperature control – With a propane grill, you will be able to control cooking temperatures to within a few degrees – critical to making the perfect steak, burger, veggie, or chicken dish. You’ll also get more even heating.
- “Cleaner” food – At least some of the toxins from charcoal briquettes and lighter fluid make their way into your food; with propane, all you taste is the flavor of your delicious meats, veggies and marinades.
- Cleaner air – Because propane is cleaner-burning than charcoal, your grill will release less carbon into the air when it’s in use. Using propane will reduce flare-ups from your grill, too, which reduces smog-forming chemical emissions.
- Better taste – Food tastes better when it’s cooked the right way, and the key to that “rightness” is more control over conditions inside your grill. That control is much easier with a propane grill than it is with a charcoal barbecue (see #2 above).
Want more reasons to replace your charcoal barbecue with a state-of-the-art portable or built-in propane grill from Parker Gas? Visit us today to check out options by leading brands like Holland and Wilmington, Big Green Egg, and more – and when you run out of gas, don’t forget to fill up your portable BBQ cylinders with us.