Schedule Your Propane Furnace Maintenance Before Winter
We’re entering peak busy time for many residents of eastern North Carolina. Just as Halloween is in our rear-view mirror, it’s time to start planning Thanksgiving dinner and all the other holiday events we have coming up through New Year’s Day.
All that is why having a propane furnace maintenance tune-up done before winter may have slipped your mind.
But forgetting to schedule this is a really, really bad idea. And we at Parker Gas can give you five reasons why propane furnace maintenance should be at or near the top of your fall to-do list.
Why Regular Tune-ups Matter
- Save money on your propane bill. When your propane furnace gets its regular maintenance, it will run at its peak efficiently. That means you won’t have to spend as much on your propane costs, which means more money for the fun stuff for the holidays like food and presents.
- Protect your family and your home. If your propane furnace malfunctions, it can release carbon monoxide. It’s an odorless and colorless gas that is incredibly dangerous and can be deadly. Because red blood cells pick up carbon monoxide faster than oxygen, it can replace oxygen in your blood, depriving your brain, heart and lungs of the oxygen they need. Carbon monoxide poisoning can cause you to lose consciousness and suffocate. Regular furnace maintenance can spot problems and help prevent carbon monoxide leaks.
- Prevent furnace breakdowns. Do you want to wake up on a cold day to find out that your furnace has conked out? Having your furnace get its regular maintenance tune-up now can spot problems before they become big problems. That helps you avoid the hassle and expense of an emergency service call later.
- It’s easy! Your heating system service provider usually has a more open schedule in the fall than in the winter, when they’re busy thanks to service calls and emergency repairs. That means there’s more flexibility now in when they can come to your home for a propane furnace maintenance, so you’ll get an appointment that works better with your busy schedule.
- Protect your investment. A propane furnace is one of the biggest expenditures you’ll make in that home. By having regular maintenance, you help your furnace last longer and run smoother over the years. Also, having professional furnace maintenance regularly can help keep your furnace’s warranty in effect.
From Wilmington to Fayetteville and all surrounding communities in eastern North Carolina, Parker Gas provides reliable propane delivery for homes and businesses. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our propane services and become a Parker Gas customer!