Tips for Efficient Heating this Winter
Save energy and money!
Between dinners and driving and parties and presents, the holidays can get pretty pricey.
That’s why higher energy bills for heating our North Carolina homes is something we would love to avoid, or at least minimize.
Parker Gas is here to help with five tips that you can easily do to keep your energy bills down and your home comfortable.
- Get a tune-up of your heating system. Want to keep your furnace or boiler running at peak energy efficiency? Regular maintenance by a professional service technician takes care of that.
- Block the drafts. Drafts can add 15 percent to your heating costs. A weekend’s work with caulk, weatherstripping, expanding foam and door sweeps can minimize drafts by keeping the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Be smart with your programmable thermostat. Program your thermostat so that the heat is lower when you’re not home and when you’re sleeping, and turns on before you return so the house is warm when you get home. If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, it’s a great investment in energy efficiency!
- Use space heating. If you have unheated spaces you use, like a sunporch, or if there are rooms in your house that just don’t get or stay warm, a space heater from Parker Gas provides an efficient solution. Don’t forget to ask us about our propane fireplaces and hearth products!
- Be careful with exhaust fans. When you run the exhaust fans in your bathroom or kitchen, heated air can be sucked out of your home. Make sure you only run them when needed and turn them off when you’re done. You can also replace the fan switch with one that runs on a timer, which automatically shuts off the fan after a set time.
Parker Gas offers a wide range of energy-efficient propane appliances for your home, as well as reliable propane delivery. Get in touch with us to learn more!