X

Stay informed and save more with our newsletter!

Fill out my online form.

Ask the Expert

Doug Thigpen

Q: The pilot light on my gas fireplace won’t stay lit. My neighbor told me there might be something wrong with my thermocouple. How can I fix it?

A: It’s probably not your thermocouple, which is a sensor used to measure temperature. Most of the time, the problem you describe is the result of a dirty pilot tube. We often get calls about this in the fall, when people begin to use their fireplaces. Dust and debris collect in the pilot tube when it isn’t being used, and it needs to be cleaned.

We can inspect and clean your gas fireplace to ensure that it’s working properly all season. You should get this service done each fall.

— Doug Thigpen

Propane for your home
Commercial
Payment Plans
Safety